1. What if I get confused about something during the online ordering process and need assistance?
We're here to help! You can reach customer service at 1-866-658-3766, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST. Or you can send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Can I order a biography about myself?
Absolutely! You can order a biography to be written about you, or you can sponsor a biography to be written about someone you know (e.g. a friend or family member).
3. When the website says the "subject", who does that refer to?
The "subject" is the person the biography is about. The subject could be you, a good friend, a family member or a colleague - pretty much anyone!
4. What is the word "sponsor" referring to on the website?
The "sponsor" is the person ordering and paying for the biography. The sponsor can do the phone interview or designate this role to someone else who knows the subject well.
5. Do I need creative writing skills to complete a BiographyNOW book?
None whatsoever. We do all the writing for you! Our team of professional writers uses the information provided in the online questionnaire and phone interview to create a compelling, well-written story of the subject's life.
6. What do I need to have in order to complete the online process as a sponsor of a BiographyNOW project?
It helps to have some basic life details about the subject, such as date and place of birth. If you have any digital photos that you would like to put in the book, you can upload them to our website during the ordering process. If you have any non-digitized materials for the book (e.g. photographs, slides, negatives), BiographyNOW can scan and digitize them for you. You'll also be asked to list email addresses for up to 8 contributors to the book, so it'd be helpful to have those ready.
7. Do I have to complete the phone interview process?
Yes. The phone interview is important because it gives the biographer a chance to gather additional insight and inspiration in order to put together a meaningful and accurate account of your subject's life.
8. I have an interview scheduled with a biographer, but something has come up and I need to change it. What should I do?
We understand that life is busy. To change your scheduled interview time, log in to your account on BiographyNOW.com, locate your previously approved appointment time in the Team Console box along the left side of your screen, and click on the appointment to change it.
9. Who is the BiographyNOW historian?
The historian helps enrich and inform the biography by providing a historical backdrop to the subject's life. Your assigned historian will work closely with the biography to research and assemble interesting historical facts and images relevant to your subject's life and times.
10. How long does the BiographyNOW process take, from start to finish?
We have designed our process to make the information collection stage quick and easy for you. Provided that there are no extended delays between the order placement and the interview you schedule, our aim is to have the biography completed within 14 days of your final approval of the book's content.
11. Can friends or family purchase additional copies of the final printed book in the future? How much do they cost?
Absolutely! You can always order additional copies of a completed BiographyNOW book in the future. Additional copies of the book are $125 each.
12. How do I order an additional book?
It's easy! Log in to your BiographyNOW account and click "Order Reprints" from the menu box in the top left of your screen. You will then be led through the order process. Or, you can call customer service at 1-866-658-3766 and a team member will be happy to help place your order.
13. Is all the information provided during the course of both the online ordering process and the interview process safe and secure?
Yes. We have a robust and secure system that ensures that all your information is 100% safe and secure.
14. I sent in requested changes for the first draft of the book. How long will it take for those changes to be made?
We aim to complete requested changes within one business day. As soon as a corrected second draft is ready, we will notify you by email and direct you to log in and approve the new draft. This is the final approval stage before we send your BiographyNOW project to print.
15. Can I choose the photo that appears on the cover of the biography?
Yes. From the "Photo Media" section of the website, you will be able to caption each photo that you upload with a description. Using this caption tool, you can indicate that you would like a particular photo used for the cover. Please ensure that the photo you choose meets the required size and resolution minimums (see next question).
16. I have a photo that I would like to include in the book, but I'm not sure whether it's of good enough quality?
If your photo is saved with the extension (.jpg) and is between 600kb and 2MB in size, it should be fine for inclusion in the book. If you are scanning your own photos, make sure that you scan them at 600 dpi. Our design team will access all photos and be sure to use only photos of good quality.
17. What is the "Collaboration" section of the ordering process?
This section allows you to invite family members and friends to contribute to the biography by asking them a question you write, or using our default question. To invite contributors, simply insert their email addresses, choose your question type, and click send.
Invited contributors will receive an email containing a link that directs them to our website. From there, they will be able to answer your question and upload up to three photos.
When a reply to one of your invite emails is received, we will send you an email requesting that you log in and "approve" the contributor's submission for inclusion in the biography.
18. Is using the Invite Tool mandatory?
No. You may skip this section if you wish.
19. I invited a friend to contribute to the biography, but she can't find my email. What should I do?
Please ask your friend to recheck his or her email's spam or junk folder.
We encourage customers to send prior notification to their friends and family members that a question for the biography will be sent to them from the email address: email@example.com.
20. I invited a relative to contribute to the biography using the Invite Tool, but he says the link in the email has expired.
The link is active for seven days after you send the invitation. This helps ensure the biography is delivered on time. However, we understand that not everyone is able to respond within a week. Please contact customer service at 1-866-658-3766 if you'd like for use to resend the link.
21. How do I communicate with the biographer, if I need to update any details about the biography I am sponsoring?
We encourage our customers to reach out to the biographer or customer service (1-866-658-3766) at any stage of the process. In your account, you will have access to your biography in the Team Console box along the left side of the screen. Here, you can send your biographer direct emails.
22. Will I be able to see the biography before it is printed?
Yes. We want our customers to be happy with the BiographyNOW product they will receive. You will receive a PDF of the biography to approve before it is printed.
23. How many rounds of edits/changes will I get to make to my BiographyNOW book?
You will get one round of edits, in which you'll use our online feedback tool to review a PDF of your book and provide comments/requests for each page. Your edits/requests will be completed by our design team. A final PDF of the biography will be uploaded to your account for your approval before printing.
24. Am I able to have more than one BiographyNOW book in process at the same time?
Yes. If you want to start an additional biography project simply log in to your BiographyNOW account and select "New Biography" in the top left. You will be directed to the shipping and account information page, which will contain all your previous information used in your first BiographyNOW order. Once you check out through the online shopping cart, you can start the process for your new project.
25. If I am not satisfied with my BiographyNOW experience, can I get a refund?
Yes. At BiographyNOW, we strive to exceed the expectations of every customer. If you are dissatisfied with our service, please contact customer service at 1-866-658-3766, Monday - Friday between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. EST. Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org